Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July - Boom, Bang, Whiz








Happy Independence Day to all you Americanos.

Here is a bit about the photos. You see me, as well as classmate Jean, at Cematario Recoleto. In another, you see me standing on a wet, glistening helipad. I am reflected in the glass of the control room of the giant ferry that takes folks across the mouth of the Plata River to Uruguay. In the little golf cart, you see other classmates as they cruise around the old sector of Colonia, Uruguay.

It is the end of the 3rd week of my 4-week Spanish language course. The honeymoon is over. The peak has been summited. I'm on the downhill slide now.
If my listener is very, very patient, I can speak to her in Spanish using the simplest past, present, and future verb tenses. Golly, this is fun!

No comments: