Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beauty Babes


The beauty school has a snooty name - Academy for Salon Professionals. I would have chosen Salon Academy, Best Beauty School, or Beauty, Baby! But the point is, my friend Emily is a student there. Obviously she is a popular student, too. I can tell she’s a star by the vibes I got from the teachers. Not only that, a fellow student begged Emily to do her hair. And, from what I could see, that fellow student would benefit from Emily’s skills.

Note to the teacher with the short, white hair: When you are carefully examining a customer’s hair, discussing the current situation and providing suggestions for a new color recipe, don’t squint up your nose and wrinkle your forehead as if there is a putrid odor coming off the scalp. It’s not a flattering look.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Academy for Salon Professionals experience, despite the awkward name of the place. It is clean and bright. A sign out front says that teachers get free services. I guess they don’t get absolutely everything for free, because I had to pay for my highlights job. But what a bargain! The results are really, really good.

Thanks, Emily! I’ll be back.

No comments: