Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pedicure Cures





The photos are pure Buenos Aires, but my sights are now on domestic vistas. After being gone for a month, you can look at your own home, and its environs, with fresh eyes.


I imagine which images would stop me on the street. Click this one: the contrast of intense pink hydrangeas and rhododendrons against the foggy, gray beach-colored sky. Click again: dolphins romping just off shore, churning up white water. Can’t resist narcissistic click: freshly pedicured and painted, shiny purple toe nails.
Vacation = leisure time= girlfriends = just plain fun
I have whole days to fill (or not) with any old activity I want. This is why I am a school teacher. It’s all about summer vacation.
The secret is out! This teacher is not devoted to enriching the youth of America. This teacher does not devote herself to the higher good. It is true. I am not dedicated to changing the world by making sure 11 and 12 year olds know how to spell and punctuate. I don’t have time. I have a pedicure appointment, thank you very much.

No comments: